Childhood obesity awareness seminar
Up to 30 professionals from the same organisation
can attend the same seminar. Every seminar is delivered by our team of child obesity experts in any location you choose within the UK.
What is included in the training seminar?
- An overview of childhood obesity, including how to assess whether or not a child is above a healthy weight
- Advice on how to sensitively talk about weight
- Guidance on healthier food choices and being more active
- Details of prevention and intervention programmes currently available in the UK, including MEND’s family programmes and adult programmes.
Who has attended the seminars before?
This seminar is aimed at health professionals, community practitioners and front-line staff but former participants include:
- school and GP practice nurses, health visitors, nursery nurses
- teachers and teaching assistants
- Extended Schools and Healthy Schools staff
- Sure Start staff and early years practitioners
- dietitians and nutritionists
- outreach workers, support workers, youth workers
- mental health practitioners
- fitness instructors, sports coaches,
- sports development professionals
Want to know more?
Contact us on 0800 2300 263 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org