Talking About Weight
Our Talking About Weight training is for health professionals working with obese children and their families. It gives them language and skills they need to sensitively raise issues around weight and obesity.
Who can attend?
Up to 20 professionals from the same organisation can attend the same seminar. This course is for health professionals who:
weigh and measure children and adults
make referrals to weight management services
work within the obesity care pathway
commission obesity services.
Who delivers the training?
The training has been developed by MEND’s Clinical Director and co-founder, Dr Paul Chadwick. It is delivered by Dr Chadwick and his team of highly qualified and experienced psychologists. We are happy to travel anywhere in the UK to deliver the training.
What is included in the training?
Talking About Weight is an interactive course combining presentations, role play and discussion. Participants learn how to:
- measure and plot BMI in children and adults
- explain BMI measurements to families sensitively
- understand how BMI measurement is an integral part of changing behaviour when encouraging families to lead healthier lifestyles
- use non-judgmental language when talking about weight
- understand and resolve barriers to addressing a child’s weight status.
Want to know more?
Contact us for more information by calling 0800 2300 263 or emailing email@example.com