MEND is delighted to be a National Third Sector Partner of the Change4Life once again in 2012.
Change4Life is the Department of Health’s campaign to get people in England and Wales to ‘eat well, move more and live longer’. MEND proactively works with the Change4Life team to identify opportunities to work together and to promote Change4Life to our funding and delivery partners.
Specifically, MEND supports Change4Life by incorporating the campaign’s key behavioural messages in our healthy lifestyle programmes:
- eating five pieces of fruit and vegetables a day
- swapping unhealthy drinks and snacks for healthier ones
- increasing fibre in your diet
- eating portion sizes appropriate to your age
- reducing time spent being inactive (for example, watching TV or playing computer games.
MEND also partners the Fitness Industry Association (FIA) and their MoreActive4Life campaign. MoreActive4Life supports Change4Life by getting more people, more active, more often.
MEND has developed a facilitated self-help adult healthy living programme for the FIA called More Active Health.
FREE teaching resources
MEND’s Move It teaching resource supports Change4Life by encouraging children take part in physical activity at home and in school and teaching them about moving more.
Further information and resources